Wednesday 11 July 2012

Review of my arts award pieces

The time has come to review a particular part of my gold arts award; my arts award pieces.
As you have probably seen in my last posts I created four pieces of art for my gold arts award combining textiles, photography and art.
Photography and Art Piece
My Photography/Art Piece
Overall I am pleased with how this piece turned out. I really enjoyed improving my painting skills with this piece and although my painting skills are improved from the start of this arts award I do feel that painting is the one skill that I wish to advance my knowledge in. Going back to the piece, I did really enjoy doing the whole piece and I was truly thrilled when the photo matched up perfectly with my painting.

Textile and Art Piece
My Textile/Art Piece
This was the first of the four pieces I completed. My inspiration came from an art structure within Wysing grounds. I am very pleased with how this piece finished up. This piece was one of those rare occassions when before I started the piece I planned it and formed a picture of the finished product in my head and the finished product has turned out to be almost exactly what I had pictured. I feel that this piece made me realise the potential of felt and how it can be made into art as opposed to a practical thing.

Textile and Photography Piece
My Textile/Photography Piece

This piece was, again, inspired by a tree in the grounds of Wysing. I took this photo in autumn and printed it onto fabric and then embellished/highlighted parts of the tree. What I loved about this piece was turning a simple photo and making it not only a piece of art but something so different from just a 10x6 photo print. The main thing I learnt from this piece was how textile can be encorporated into everything if you look for a way.

The all rounder
The all rounder combining textiles, photgraphy and art.
I enjoyed this piece so much as it combined all three of my favourite art forms in one piece. This piece taught me that any art forms can be brought together in any manner and they will complement each other no matter what.

This now concludes my review, I'll speak soon me old chums.
Meghan

No comments: