Thursday 6 September 2012

Alla Moda

I recently posted about stewarding at Kings Lynn Arts Centre (KLAC), in the Alla Moda exhibition. I thought you might like to know a little more about the exhibition.

Alla Moda is an exhibition of Italian ceramics from the 1950's-1970's. The exhibition is a collection of these ceramics from the Graham Cooley Collection, collected by Graham Cooley and Mark Hill. The exhibition compromised of over 300 pieces in striking and bold colours and shapes.

Of course while I was stewarding, I had an opportunity to view the exhibition and hence form an opinion. The pieces were truly stunning, I don't think anyone can argue that, and having over 300 of these specimens in one place added to their beauty. I must admit, although on a whole the pieces were stunning, looking closer I found quite a few which didn't truly inspire me or appeal much. This isn't to say that they were all like this, on the contrary, the colour combinations gave me enough inspiration for dozens of artistic pieces.

Overall I enjoyed viewing the exhibition, they were certainly interesting to look at and the history on some of the pieces was amazing. Is it the best exhibition I've been to?; definitely not, but its not the worst either. To sum it up in one sentence it would probably be, interesting and informative pieces but not something I would visit a second time.

Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any photos in the exhibition so I can't show you any of the pieces. I think this concludes this post.
Meghan

1 comment:

GAB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.