Thursday 6 September 2012

Textile Photography Piece

This post is all about my piece combining textiles and photography.

The plan for this piece was to take a photo for the backdrop which would be printed onto fabric and then using textiles, highlight certain parts. I decided on a photo I took in the grounds at Wysing Arts Centre.

The photo I will use

After the photo had been printed onto fabric I stretched in across a wooden frame and stapled it at the back.  When that was finished it was time to add the textile highlights. This included sewing rug wool onto the fence, stitching yarn up the branches and attaching golden leaves to the branches.

The finished product

The textile/photography piece is now ready along with the textile/art piece and the photography/art piece. Only a combination of all three mediums to go.
Meghan

No comments: