Thursday 20 September 2012

Artistic skills

As you are aware, I have recently started doing my gold arts award. Part A asks me to undertake an artistic challenge. This requires me to develop a new art skill in a variety of pieces after undergoing training in that particular field. I wish to combing several skills in a variety of pieces. Below is a list of all the skills I can do and the skill which I wish to progress further.

My current skills

Textiles
 - weaving
 - feltmaking
 - crocheting
 - dyeing
 - spinning
 - carding

Photography

The artistic skill in which I shall be starting from scratch is fine art. I have no previous knowledge in fine art but I have wanted to learn about it for a while.
In order for me to develop my fine art skills, I have applied for Wysing Arts Centre Young Artists Programme. This programme will enable me to develop my fine art skills by working with Wysing's artists in residence, aswell as learning from the other young artists.

I have also signed on to join an art class with a local artist Louise Stebbings which will again help me develop my fine art skills. The art class is a weekly class on a thursday afternoon for two hours and the opportunity to work with a professional artist will help me greatly at the side of Wysing.

Thats all for now
Meghan

No comments: