Wednesday 19 September 2012

Campaign for wool feedback, Take II

I have just had another reply to my opinion on the campaign for wool, this time from talented weaver Alex Glen. This is what she had to say.


I fully agree with the comment that the Campaign for Wool is a really good idea. I am not sure that the farmers will get a better price for their wool unless there is increased demand for wool and/or an improvement in quality of the wool being produced. (Until there is a better price for wool the farmers are not motivated to improve the quality of the wool of course, as in the past at least it has cost more to shear the sheep than they get for the wool) So my thought would be that the more wool can be promoted and advertised to consumers and manufacturers the better with no upper limit to stop at. I am no expert on how market forces and prices behave but I do not think the product can be over promoted.

Thank you very much to Alex Glen for kindly giving her opinion on the campaign for wool.
Thats all for now
Meghan

No comments: