Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Museum of Broken Relationships

Recently the National Centre for Craft and Design in Sleaford (NCCD), staged an exhibition called the Museum of Broken Relationships. It consisted of a collection of pieces donated by the public, all of which reminded them of a relationship that had failed some how. These pieces ranged from pictures and books to all sorts of pieces which to anyone else would mean nothing at all.

For each piece there was a short story written by the owner of the piece as too why the piece means so much to them and what originally happened to make this piece a symbol of their broken relationship. These stories were not only an interesting read, but varied from the trivial to the down right heart break and betrayal.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me when I was there so I don't have any photos for you this time. However, if you go to the link below, there is a bit more information about the exhibition and some photos of the pieces.
http://www.nationalcraftanddesign.org.uk/exhibitions/Museumofbrokenrelationships

All in all I found the exhibition interesting. It was certainly interesting to read about the story behind these objects and why they meant so much to individuals. I wouldn't say its the best exhibition I've seen at NCCD, that would probably be Gabriel Dawe, but it wasn't the worst either. Definitely worth going too once but not necessarily twice.

Thats all for now
Meghan


No comments: