Wednesday 5 September 2012

Conclusion

Well, I am nearing the end of my gold arts award and I felt it time to bring the gold arts award to a close. I have loved every minute of this gold arts award. Looking back I realised that before I started this arts award I was starting to drift away from textiles, it was no longer something I wanted to do. One year on and the arts award had brought me back to textiles and made me realise that this is what I want to be in life, a textile designer. If the gold arts award has done nothing else its this. I now know that I want to study art and design at college to take me onto a textile design degree (maybe at UCA Farnham if I'm lucky.)

This whole thing, of course, started with me enrolling on the Wysing Young Artists programme last September. Wysing gave me a brilliant opportunity to undertake my gold arts award and gave me opportunities to work with and alongside artists and young artists. Something that appealed to me right from the start with Wysing was the opportunity to take part in an exhibition, something that people of my age never get the chance to take part in.

Wysing, of course came with the opportunity to complete my gold arts award which followed on from my silver arts award. The first thing I wanted to achieve in my gold arts was completing the artistic challenge. This of course consisted of four pieces combining textiles, photography and art. Not only did I enjoy doing these pieces, but I also felt that it led me in a different direction and made me realise the potential of these three mediums if you take them outside their comfort zone.

Following on from completing my artistic challenge, I started to look at the other component parts of the arts award. I loved coming up with the interview questions for the three different artists. This not only gave me an insight into how I might go about making a career of the arts, but it also was extremely interesting to hear about what these artists had achieved, and what they have had to put up with, to get to this point.

Moving on from this I came to my arts project which took the form of a feltmaking workshop at the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. For me this was such a unique opportunity to not only work with a museum in Cambridge, but also to be able to teach a group of students was a massive learning curve. Teaching is definitely something I would like to do again, wherever that may be.

I believe this concludes my conclusion. I have thoroughly loved the whole journey and although I'll miss it, I am looking forward to taking what I have learnt and using it to improve my future work.
Its not over yet though, there is still the moderation to blog about so you'll be hearing from me again soon.

However, thats all for now.
Meghan



No comments: