Tuesday 28 August 2012

Final Exhibition Piece

This post is about the exhibition that the young artists and I have the opportunity to take part in at the end of the five month programme, for this I need to create a final exhibition piece. This can be any art form, anything we want to do. I have been thinking about what I want to do and I have come up with an idea. I have decided to create a little "room", consisting of a chair, a lamp, a photo and a hanging. The whole piece will be inspired by the four seasons.

The chair is a gold banquet chair which I am going to re upholster in a very rustic beige fabric. The fabric I have in mind has also got a deep red design on it. The chair will represent autumn.

The lamp is a silver tall corner lamp and the shade is square and cream. I intend to use a lemon gingham check fabric and cut out four squares of the fabric, one for each side. As a bonus, each side of the lamp shade will have a different sized hole cut in it, starting with a small hole and ending up a big diamond. This lamp will represent spring and the holes represent how a flower grows in spring. I would also like some sort of lime green detail but I am not sure what yet.

The hanging is going to be ten pieces of fishing wire with hand crocheted white circles hanging off. The circles represent snowflakes. There will be five snowflakes on each piece of wire and ten pieces of wire hung on the wall. I will also use fishing wire tie backs to take it back a little in the middle to create a wall space free. This hanging represents winter.

The photo is going to be a close up photo of a rose. This will be mounted in a frame and I intend to "decorate" the frame with orange lace ribbon. This photo will be placed in the parting of the hanging. This photo will represent summer.

As a final thought, there will be a set of headphones which will be playing Vivaldi Four Seasons.
Meghan

No comments: