Tuesday 28 August 2012

Wysing Day 2

Its time to tell you all about my second training day at Wysing.
Day 2


When I arrived on my second day at Wysing, we were introduced to the artist we would be working with in the morning. Caroline Wendling. After the introductions, Caroline explained a little about what we would be doing this morning. She wanted us to have a short walk around the site, in silent, really taking in everything that was around us. We would then go back to the white room, as I like to call it, and express this walk in any piece of art we wish.

So, we went for a walk. The things that I noticed most were the colours and pieces of art around the site. For me, the colours were a prodomenence of greens and blues with streaks of colour. When we returned to the white room, we were all given an A2 sized piece of paper and told we could use any materials we wanted to depict what we saw. I decided to draw a couple of pieces of art around the site which will be intertwined with green and blue pastels with streaks of colour to represent flowers. The two pieces of art which I decided to draw were the skyscraper beehive and what I like to call the musical boulder.  I found it really interesting to see everyone else's depictions of the exact same walk.
My depiction of the walk


After a lunch break we returned to the white room to be introduced to our artist for the afternoon, Elena Cologni. Elena had brought with her a variety of different pieces of furniture including a desk, a chair, a lamp and a box. We then had to arrange these pieces to form a scene for us to draw. When we had arranged the pieces in the strangest way possible we all took a chair and picked a view to draw from. We had to memorise our view and go away and draw it.

It was such a lovely day that we decided to draw outside. In the end all of us didn't do too badly in remembering the set up.
My half decent attempt at remembering my angle of the set up

So that was the end of my second day at Wysing. Really enjoyed it, just as good as the first day. Really looking forward to day 3.
Meghan

No comments: