Tuesday 28 August 2012

Textile Art Piece

Good news, I have completed my textile art piece.
I started with making the felt in various shades of oranges and reds as I had discussed with you before but when searching through my stack of fleece I came across a orange and red blend with a small amount of white silk. I thought this would be ideal so I have also used along with the oranges and reds planned.
Me felting the felt I need for my TA piece

The finished piece of felt
Now that the felt is done, its time to paint the canvas. I have found a canvas which is roughly a bit bigger than an A4 piece of paper. I have painted it fully red and then used a dry brush to paint highlights with orange.

Then I cut the pieces out of the felt and put them together the way I want them to look. I then put gold paper fasteners in all the visible corners. After putting it on the canvas, my TA piece is done, what do you think.
The finished piece

Meghan

No comments: