Tuesday 28 August 2012

Universities

I recently spent some time researching universities as too what entry requirements they have and what courses they offer. Something my gold arts award helped me realise is that I want my career to be in textiles and therefore I want to study textiles/weaving at degree level. I did a bit of research into textile degrees around the country. The top university in the country for textiles is UCA Farnham so that was of course my first port of call. Aside from the fact that the course looks amazing, the university looks gorgeous. The whole university is focused on art courses in different forms, this appeals as I would be surrounded by arty people. Exciting!!

The options are endless as too what uni to attend, somewhere like the University of the Arts London also offers a BA (Honours) Textile Design. I do have plenty of time to decide which uni to attend but I do know that I want to do a textile design degree. As I said my arts award has helped me realise that. Before I started my silver arts award I was starting to drift away from textiles, I was starting to get bored. My arts awards' made me realise that textiles isn't something thats going away any time soon. I'm really pleased that the arts awards' made me realise this and I am now more excited than ever about discovering new techniques and designs.

Thats all for now
Meghan

No comments: