Wednesday 22 August 2012

Meeting Sarah-Jane

I wanted to tell you about a very interesting meeting I had with Sarah-Jane Harknett from the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology. The second unit of my arts award requires me plan, deliver and review an arts project. The arts project must be a workshop, event or exhibition of some kind. I have decided to go with a workshop and my plan is for a feltmaking workshop.

Wysing Arts Centre put me in touch with Sarah-Jane and I went to meet with her to discuss my idea. Sarah-Jane was very interested in my idea and said she would like me to do the workshop at the museum. (Excited face)

Whilst I was there I made a pitch to her about my workshop and the plan for the day. After showing her a few examples of the work I was hoping the students would produce, Sarah-Jane took me to see the space I would be working in. The room was plenty spacious and I could easily teach up to eight students in there.

The whole meeting went very well and this means I can now start planning my workshop with the view of a date in mind. Sarah-Jane has posted on the museum's website my event so feel free to take a look, the address is http://maa.cam.ac.uk/home/index.php?a=15&b=Feltmaking+Workshop&c=21

Meghan

No comments: